Thursday 28 June 2012

My first maxi dress!

Inspired by so many bloggers I've decided to give the maxi dresses a chance.This one is from Country Casuals, or CC as on the tag. It has a strong bohemian vibe and the fit is great on my hourglass shape.


New maxi dress from CC







































I wish it had been made in viscose instead of polyester, but most of the maxi dresses I looked at were polyester. This one is also lined so it doesn't show lines from underwear, not even the bra on the back...


Rear view






































Although we have lots of sunshine the temperature isn't that high. Going to Copenhagen this morning I wore this old jacket with it:


New maxi dress with old H&M jacket







































This outfit was extremely comfortable, and I'm looking forward to wearing it on holiday soon. Today I'm wearing it with my new ballet flats, but I plan to wear it with my black sandals next time.


Bloch ballet flats


















It may not show on the pictures but I've got a cold - isn't that just typical? After being stressed for weeks, then it's finally time to relax, and there's your virus! It has to be gone by Saturday - there's a birthday party, and I haven't seen our friends for a long time!


Yesterday my husband and I took the dogs for walk, and Michael took these photos:


Emma and Congo


























It's Emma that we're dog sitting , on the stone, and Congo, our own dog sitting in front of it.


A work of art

























They're so cute, and very well behaved! Some people say that Alaskan Malamutes can't be trained like other dogs. I disagree, these two walk nicely next to me - even without a leash! They mix well with other dogs, and they love children. They're living in an apartment with my family and me - something that all books on polar dogs warn you about - and we really don't have any problems due to lack of space!



I don't think the dogs noticed - but I did wear my favorite rings...


Favorite rings


























And now I'm off to blow my nose...!

25 comments:

  1. What a fun post! Your outing with your pups looks fun and they do look well behaved. I could never let my dog out without a leash. He chases everything.

    Your new maxi dress is perfect! It does fit like it was made just for you.

    Hope you get to feelin' better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Joni - from both me and the dogs! I later discovered that I hadn't been hit by a virus. It was merely the grass pollen that had declared Happy Hour! I've tripled my medicine and already feeling so much better!

      And now on my way to bed I'm actually considering sleeping in my new dress!

      Delete
  2. You know what? It's hard to say for sure, but I think this maxi is my favourite outfit on you so far. The colour and the flowiness are perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melanie! I did feel great in it - in a new way - with all the fabric around my legs. The colours of course fit right in with the rest of the pink and red capsule.

      Delete
  3. I am actually not a big fan of dogs (I am a cat person), but your dog and his friend look very sympathetic. I just have to agree with Joni and Melanie and say that the maxi dress look great on you. I am sure than more than one man in Copenhagen turned his head and had an extra look on you. Krya på dig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Anna!

      Well, maybe there was a few quick glances...!

      Delete
  4. I think your new maxi is stunning and it fits like a glove. I love the print and the ballet flats are a nice touch.

    The dogs are beauties. And hope that you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Judith! I'm already looking forward to wearing this dress with boots in winter. And yes, I'm feeling better after adjusting my allergy medicine!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you very much Megan! I'm sure I'll get a lot of wear out of it!

      Delete
  6. I am a big fan of a maxi, so naturally I like this dress very much! The fit is excellent and super-flattering. And such a pretty print. I often wear my maxis with a denim jacket to stop me feeling too dressed up.
    Your dog and his lady friend are very handsome creatures! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Curtise! I do have a denim jacket that fits really well - I haven't worn it for quite a while. Maybe now's the time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats with your new maxi, you look stunning!! :) your malamute is sooo cute, lovely to hear that they are easier than most people think. :) thanks again for following me, I really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Izzy! It's a joy to see your outfits - I love your sense of colour! And I think we Scandinavian women - way out of our teen years, should support each other. We're a rare breed! Also, it's almost scary how much you look like a friend of mine. I'll see if I can get a few photos of her today. So, just wait and see!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! :) and you are right, we scandinavians in our prime age should definitely stick together. :) A rare breed, indeed! Oh a Danish doppelgänger, how exciting!:)

      Delete
  9. I like the patterns colors of the dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I do like the paisley pattern as it's feminine without being too romantic.

      Delete
  10. The dress is great - a real summer dress.And your rings..oh!

    Nora

    http://notenora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Nora! I just hope we get some summer weather to go with the dress!

      Delete
  11. I'm catching up and hope that you are feeling better by now. I love the color and the fit of your maxi. that's one garment that I don't have in my wardrobe, because it's often hard to get the length right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri! I'm feeling better, but you can't fight nature and the grass pollen have gone bananas these days, so no amount of medicine can fully cure me, just ease the symptoms.

      The fit is just incredible, I felt like it was made for me. Since I'm 5,6" high many garments are the right length for me, it's like the standard for many manufacturers. I never thought about the length, but as it arrived and I put it on I realized that it was perfect for flats, but maybe not with heels. We'll have to see in a future post!

      Delete
  12. This maxi dress looks fantastic on you. Such a great fit. And I love the colors and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa! It was a favorite the minute I put on, I'm sure I'll wear it out soon!

      Delete
  13. Belatedly echoing comments re the dress -- beautiful colors plus a great shape on you! I actually love it with the pattern of the ballet flats. [And of course the orange bag.] Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much Vix! Supportive comments are never too late - they're always in just the right time! I brought the ballet flats with me on holiday, they were fantastic in the heat too!

    ReplyDelete