Sunday 10 July 2011

Birthday party outfit in pink and purple

Look! My new trousers have arrived, and believe it or not, they are loose on the thighs. Even though it's supposed to be the same as the navy ones i got recently. No, sadly I didn't loose weight! Anyway, here I am:





Apart from the clutch everything was as planned, but being a bit stressed since we were running late, I grabbed another one. What I had in mind was a lime green one. And the inspiration? Well, a secret and recent obsession: Lucky Luke cartoons! I watch them on TV (my daughter watches...), only to see the colours that I think are often brilliant. So I sit there with my little note book and write down colour combinations that I like. And the pink, purple and slightly dirty lime just caught my eye one day.

 The purple jacket like thing is about ten years old, and falling to pieces. I have mended it before, and again this week. But it's the last time, the thin silk fabric is just worn out. It has been one of my favorites, and I don't know how to replace it.

After having had many stressful experiences, minutes before leaving the house for various parties, dates etc. I have made it a habit to plan my outfits ahead, all the way down to socks, rings on my fingers and the colour of the lipstick. I find that with a limited wardrobe such as mine it's especially important to make plans in advance, to avoid last minute panic attacks, and also not to wear those same favorites every time. Buying new trousers do help of course!


Next week I will be on holiday. Depending on the weather I will be wearing my new bathing suit. It's been waiting in my closet for some weeks now, and I can't wait to show it (probably with a sarong since I'm quite body conscious below the waist). Since we are staying in a tent I'm planning some very relaxed outfits, some including my harem pants! They really do make me feel like I'm not wearing anything at all, and lots of other people there will be in track suits which I find worse. How's that for an excuse to wear unflattering clothes?




No comments:

Post a Comment