Wednesday 2 November 2011

Dark wash jeans - school and age approriate?

Many months ago I gave up on wearing jeans. I thought I looked terrible in them. But last week I bought a new pair, dark wash and with straight legs. Have a look:




And here's a few more - from yesterday - in September like weather!!!







The fit of the jeans could be better. It's just so time consuming to keep looking. So these ones will have to do for now. Anyway, does one ever get too old to wear jeans? I don't feel too old yet. And I find these darker ones more dressy than my old jeans.


The gold and yellow bracelets are new too, ordered from a UK internet shop that sells not only larger size clothes but also larger rings and bracelets (my hands are enormous!). The yellow colour is perfect for fall and I wore them again today (with my only black dress)






The necklace is made of light cognac citrine, freshwater pearls and sapphires that match the bracelets just as I hoped when I placed the order.

Now, some weeks ago, before the fall vacation, I went to a small dinner party with some friends. My husband took these photos (of a really poor quality!). The (second hand) jacket has a real fur collar that just makes me feel like a diva, I can't wait to wear it again.





I don't know which photo is worse. Hopefully the photos from our fall vacation will turn out better. My husband took all those as well, and hasn't had the time to share them yet. Something to look forward to!


3 comments:

  1. Hej Kaffesyster!
    I was so glad to get your message on my blog and find out that you also had updated your blog. A lot of the bloggers that I follow, including yours and mine, have been less active lately. I suppose it have something to do with the seasons (being busy and the darkness) and that the excitement of a new season has fadded - at least that is my guess. Anyway, I just had to say that you look great in the black dress and I am sure that you will get a lot of milleage out of your new dark blue jeans as well! Keep on blogging! Best, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jeans,they look good on you. I for one, do not believe jeans have an expiration date. My 83 year old mother still wears them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You so much both of you! I'll probably get an identical pair next week since it's taken me forever to find these. Jeans are just so practical it's almost impossible to live without them. And I guess I can just save them for much later if I don't find use for them now!

    ReplyDelete