Monday 2 April 2012

Outfits from the blue and purple capsule

For a long time green seems to have been my favorite colour so the other day I decided to focus on my blue and purple clothes. At Christmas my mother gave this scarf in a sort of dirty mustard colour that I haven't used much - it doesn't seem to fit in with the colours of my current wardrobe. Finally I found a way to incorporate it into an outfit, right in time for Visible Monday. I'll let my mother know her present gets lots of exposure!




The bangles do look heavier that they are, and I think I'll pair the outfit with white ones next time.





Yesterday at the hospital I wore another blue and purple outfit. I did promise Anna of the Swedish blog Four Seasons One Wardrobe to wear some yellow with this blue dress, as a homage to their flag (they are neighbors after all!), but I don't have much yellow - clothes or accessories - so it'll have to wait a bit.








And there's a close up of my beloved silver shoes:




I hope you all have a great Monday - In Denmark it's Easter holiday - I have the week off from school - but still have a busy schedule. There should be lots of outfit photos....

10 comments:

  1. Happy Easter holiday week to you. I love the way you tie your scarves, and blend your colors. You look fab, and thanks for sharing your look with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Patti!, I learned to tie my scarves from Imogen on the insideoutstyleblog.com

      Delete
  2. Could I make a suggestion? The nice scarf your mum bought for you and the blue dress if the nuances work together. If not, there is no hurry, we don't celebrate our national day until 6th of June. I look forward too see many outfit photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny, our national day is on the 5th of June! Today's scarf is actually more green than yellow, certainly no where near the clean strong lemon yellow of the Swedish flag! Not that I had just that in mind, but still...

      Delete
  3. Love your scarves with your outfits.
    As to the mustard color, I think it looks great with olive green, navy, red, and surprisingly burgundy as well as blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbi - I was actually searching my wardrobe for burgundy pieces this morning, but I don't have any, and the red I have is more towards coral/orange and not a hit with the mustard. This scarf is a bit of an orphan in my clothes collection. It's not too bad with purple either, so I guess I NEED a burgundy dress and as well as a purple one?

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful paletee. I like both outfits, but the second is my favorite and silver shoes are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Terri - I did have problems getting the top outfit together, the colour of the scarf is difficult with most of the colours in my wardrobe. But I shall enjoy working on it!

      Delete
  5. I agree about how you tie your scarves. I love it. I need to check that out. I hope you have a nice holiday. take tons of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barbara! When I tie my scarves this way they stay in place and lie FLAT which is very important with my F cup. Not to mention my double chin... Now I'll go and get some photos taken!

      Delete