Monday 4 February 2013

Denim with style and a visible dress

Yesterday's theme on  Imogen Lamport's Inside Out Styleblog's Fabruary Challenge was "Denim with style". As it was Sunday I didn't have any plans, other than to relax and get a few things from the grocery store. So I decided to focus on my outdoor appearance for the challenge:



A somewhat sunny Sunday







































Since it's way too cold for my beloved old Denim jacket, my only denim choice were my jeans. I added my nearly warm enough woolen jacket, a quite new silk scarf, a designer handbag and soft, purple leather gloves.

Of course I brought my stylish dog as well! Afterwards he was very exhausted - or maybe just tired of being asked to pose for his mom's photos.



How long is this going to take?







































The dark and mid purple with the lemon yellow is a fantastic, contrasting colour combination. I can't get enough of it, so here's another photo!




Purple, purple and yellow - yummi!

















Today's challenge is to wear a dress - some would say that isn't a challenge for me. But our winter weather is unpredictable, and although temperatures were above freezing, it was raining and very windy. So, to fight off the chill I decided to wear some hot Monday colours:



My husband is home, and being slightly naughty!







































It's the not so new and trusted CC dress, that has appeared a few times on the blog now. It's the first time it's been seen with teal accessories, so I'm remixing here. On a Monday!

The accessories:




Teal, turquoise and gold, and "warning sign yellow"



















Usually I'm alone when I take my photos, but today my husband was home. Can you imagine the fun he had disturbing me? Only a few usable photos, and lots where I'm moving.




New lipstick, see?



























I wanted to take a close up of my new lipstick, but it'll have to be some other day. He couldn't resist making me laugh too much so I couldn't stand still enough! Instead you can have another look at my almost new silk scarf!



No make up since it's Sunday!







































My skin is quite problematic, so I like to give it a rest from make up in the weekend, if possible. Sorry for not warning you! But the scarf is fantastic - smooth, heavy silk, I love it!

It's been a great Monday, even though every train and bus was delayed today, leaving me waiting in the cold, and getting too late to work. And now it's at it's end, with only one thing left to do - linking up to Visible Monday at the very elegant Patti's Not Dead Yet Style blog, this is the one thing that I'd hate to miss on a Monday! Please go and have a look at all the gorgeously visible ladies!


Take care everyone, and enjoy your week, no matter the temperature!



30 comments:

  1. Hello Tine,
    Your new jeans has a perfect cut, you always look fantastic in it. It is the kind of jeans I'm look for so long. Finding a flattering jeans is a miracle, isn't it!
    I also love your jacket with the nice fur collar and of course the great color combination. You are inspiring my to mix my yellow summer skirt with a violet top - in a few month :-)
    Your dog is a sweety!
    Have a great week my dear Tine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Dear Sabine! It did take me years to find these jeans, so I remember the hunt for them! The jacket is a Dutch brand called Didi, which isn't sold in Denmark anymore, sadly. They used to have so many lovely things, all in my style!

      Delete
  2. Your new scarf is so, so wonderful, Tine! And you look gorgeous without makeup - perfectly lovely. Thanks for sharing your looks with Visible Monday : >

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Patti! I do enjoy participating every Monday!

      Delete
  3. Love your use of colour and combining the purple and yellow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Imogen! I guess I'm a colour addict!

      Delete
  4. I can't get enough of that purple and yellow either! Such a great combo. And I agree with Patti. You are beautiful without makeup. Radiant as a matter of fact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Judith! I don't feel radiant without make up though. I have so many problems with acne, allergy and broken capillaries. I do however, appreciate how little wrinkles I have so far!

      Delete
  5. I know what you mean about husbands getting in the way when we're trying to snap photos. Although I do know from your past posts that he's a great portrait photographer of you!
    If I ask my hubby to hold the camera for me he just makes me laugh or act silly so the photos don't turn out very well.
    Love that dress on you. That style is your signature style for sure and I love love love that jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joni! He wasn't taking the photos and that was probably the issue! The jacket is absolutely a favorite of mine!

      Delete
  6. I love your wonderful jacket with the fur collar. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Marla! I do love that jacket too!

      Delete
  7. Love the colours, the scarf, the gorgeous silhouettes, stylish furry friend, and most of all your smile. Your final photo is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amber! The last photo was sheer luck, the right light, not too much shadow...

      Delete
  8. I adore the close up photo of you, soooo pretty!!! :) Your skin looks immaculate! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Monica! As I told Amber, I got lucky with the light - that warm late afternoon winter sunshine is very forgiving!

      Delete
  9. As others have already said, my favourite photo of you is the final close-up. You don't need make up, Tine, you look beautiful just like that!
    Purple and yellow ARE a good combination, think I might have to borrow that idea from you. And those jeans and the fabulous CC dress look as great as ever. So does your magnificent Malamute! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Curtise! I'm telling you - that photo does not reflect the truth! I was very lucky with the natural light!

      Delete
  10. Fabulous yellow dress.
    I love your smile, and I am with all the blogger friend about the close up.
    I bought everything in a car boot sale by the coat where British and German live.
    I paid 1 euro for the dress and 2 euros for the shoes because they were brand new, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sacramento! I can't believe what people are selling at such low prices, but good for you though! 3 Euros for the lot seems like a dream!

      Delete
  11. What a beautiful dress and I love purple and yellow worn together, so rich and vibrant.
    You are gorgeous, no need for make-up and your dog is adorable! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vix! The dog totally agrees with you! It's so funny, you're the second Vix among my readers - and Vix isn't the most common blogger name. It makes me feel very lucky!

      Delete
  12. Your lovely dog will surely keep you warm! I love all your color combinations - so striking. You know how to style and stay warm - no easy task.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Pao! The dog loves to sleep outside so no chance he's keeping me warm!

      Delete
  13. Tine, I think your skin looks beautiful and I think you look beautiful in every picture.
    You have a beautiful dog. I love dog pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debbi! I always love your photos of Harry, and I'd love to have a dog like him some day!

      Delete
  14. Hi Tine! There is always so many things to comment on you blog, so I don't know where to start! But, I start from the end today, as I think this picture of you is so pretty. I actually thought that you had a pale lipstick on, and either you mastered photoshop or you are way too critical about your skin! Purple is indeed a great color for you, I actually think it might be my favorite color for you! And I agree, it looks great paired with yellow. I can't believe it was a big fashion mistake when I was young! I suppose there is a reason why it is called being young and dumb! A good quality scarf is a true luxury, and as always the CC dress suits you! Last but not least, I think your dog looks pretty pleased with being on the photos! If I forgot to compliment you for some other thing, don't hesitate to remind me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Dear Anna! No, you haven't forgotten a thing! My lips are shiny from a coat of lip balm, protecting me from the cold wind - that's all. Next time I'm wearing purple I'd like to try a mustard yellow with it. I think that could be very beautiful too. That would certainly have been a fashion no-no too in "the old days"!

      Delete
  15. I love that jacket, and the yellow bag. And that doggie is just gorgeous! I think you are beautiful in the picture with no makeup!

    xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so adorable!
    Love you in pants with that edgy jacket and lovely sassy yellow purse!
    Love that you combine pants and dress so so fashionable and sensible especially for freezing temps
    Mr D does the same if he catches me taking pics, he makes me laugh...

    Looking lovely my dear

    Ariane xxxxx

    ReplyDelete