Monday 11 February 2013

Flowers in February

As part of the on going FABruary Style Challenge by Imogen Lamport of the Inside Out Style blog I'm wearing flowers today -  I've paired my fairly new double ended zip top with my pink skirt.



Winter flowers


























The temperature has gone down again, so based on my earlier experience with FABruary Style Challenge I'm also wearing a jacket, which isn't that uncomfortable under the coat, and of course a scarf.



I'm also mixing pattern here!







































This top is so beautiful that I had to have some more photos - and my loving husband gladly stepped in to help!



Not sure this is the best angle....







































Statement rings were the challenge on Friday, and I do have a nice one! Sadly the weather forced me to wear jeans again - but with a new-to-the-blog top!



Remember you can click the photos and see a larger version















After having mentioned the jeans it is probably best that I show a photo of them, although they've appeared many times lately.



If you like the necklaces, there's a photo of them below.







































The top is from - well take a guess! It's very comfortable, and would also look nice with my navy pencil skirt.



My treasures!













On Saturday I wore some daytime sparkle, on my coat! I wasn't doing anything special indoors, or so I thought, so I decided to pay extra attention to my outdoor look.



The little white bits are snowflakes.






















The sparkly bits were a golden brooch and a hand crocheted silver shawl, made by my mother. As if sparkle wasn't enough I also added a bit of colour, teal gloves and orange bag.



I've had enough of snow for this winter, thank you!







































Later Saturday we had unexpected dinner guests, so the planned blog post was postponed, sorry! Anyway, most readers would be busy with other stuff, I told myself - and would have better time on Sunday.



Colour blocking outfit







































Above is how I looked as I was headed out the door on Sunday, down to the shops for a few extras - now that another unexpected party had announced their arrival!



Too much flash, I know


























Tomorrow's FABruary Style Challenge is layering. That may be a tough one for those living in Australia, but so perfect up here in the dark deep freezer called Denmark!

There's just one last photo of my flower top, which will be my contribution to Patti's Visible Monday party at the Not Dead Yet Style blog - the weekly party that makes me put an extra effort into dressing every Monday morning!



Thank you so much for your patience with this long post!







































As far as the weather forecast goes we will have snow and frost, and quite a bit of wind. No wonder I'm dreaming of moving to Spain!

Then on the bus home tonight I heard a woman speaking Spanish right behind me. So, if I can't come to Spain, Spain will come to me!  

Enjoy your week, and remember to check in on me and see how I handle challenges such as wearing coloured shoes, lace and being blue.



Lots of warm hugs to everyone!



16 comments:

  1. Oh wow, such beautiful color/pattern mixing here, Tine! I love your new blouse, it's just lovely with your skin and hair tones. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Patti! It's always such a joy to be part of Visible Monday!

      Delete
  2. On Tine, this is a beautiful outfit. I love the pattern on the top. You are right it is beautiful. Most of all I love your halo of hair and your lovely smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debbi! I do like Mondays a lot, especially now that I'm working. Not that I don't like school - it's just such fun to be back in "real" business!

      Delete
  3. Love your floral top! And the ring and the pink coat is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The floral top makes you shine Tine! I can also see how much use you can get from your new CC top. Have you considered to try to pair it with your pink pencil skirt? From the pictures it looks like the little dots are pink/purple, but I might be wrong. Last but not least, I love your outdoor outfit! Pink, teal, orange, and sparkles, what more can a girl wish for? Did you notice that I did not say that the outdoor outfit is my favorite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anna, thank you very much - you can have a favorite if you like, I don't mind! I have favorites too. It's only with your children that can't do it!

      The dots are really aubergine so I think you're right - it will look great with the pink skirt - thank you so much!

      Delete
  5. Oh I love that pink top, and with the print jacket too. And that outdoor picture with the snow falling on your colorful ensemble. You are doing such a fabulous job with your challenge. Not to mention while living in Denmark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Pao! I do feel challenged at the moment, I hope I manage completing the whole month!

      Delete
  6. Yes you are mixing patters and doing it SO well. My hat is off to you ... and the bright colors are really flattering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jan! I wasn't thinking about the pattern - it happened quite accidentally, and luckily!

      Delete
  7. You do look fabulous in pink, Tine, and that floral top with the pink pencil skirt, and your lovely coat really suit you so well. The blue CC top.is another winner with your miracle leg-lengthening jeans!
    Love your snowy shot (there has been plenty of opportunity for those in the UK this winter too...)
    Stay warm, my friend, and keep dreaming of Spanish sunshine! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Dear Curtise! I was actually dreaming of England the other day.

      My husband is going to London in June for a photo course, and I was hoping to come along. But it turns out that I have exams around that time, typical!

      Delete
  8. Love, love your last photo, flirty in pink! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Monica! Easy when my husband is the photographer.

      Delete