Saturday 2 February 2013

Arm candy and pink outfit

Imogen Lamport at the Inside Out Style blog has come up with a style challenge called Fabruary Style Challenge. It's interesting because every day has a dressing theme.

The different themes will force you to try some very different outfits, colours and fabrics. It's not like my life isn't challenging at the moment!

However, being in extremely busy every day is such a great excuse for not dressing your best. So, this way I'm forcing myself to come up with interesting outfits, fast!

The first day's theme was arm candy - hardly a challenge at all! Here's my first arm (can't remember if it's called left or right!)


New bangles plus old gold one












And surprisingly I also wore a few on the other arm!


All old bangles















If you want to see the dress I was wearing wit the arm party - look at this (remember you can click the photo to get it enlarged):



Some favorite colours here!






































This dress is quite interesting from the back too:



Hope you can see it although it's a bit dark






































Friday's theme was pink, and that wasn't really a challenge either! I would have worn my pink skirt, had the weather not changed back to freezing during the night. Now it's a jeans based outfit, but with a lot pink.


Should I get some pink boots too?



Pink has been a favorite colour of mine for a long time, and I do have lots of pink items in my wardrobe. No boots though, and no pink jeans - but who knows....



Beloved gold coloured bangle












You probably recognize the gold coloured bangle from the precious outfit. It's a favorite even though it's torture getting it on and off. It's too small.

It hurts my hand so much getting it on that my hand swells so I'll have to wait a while before taking it off again.I've been looking for a larger replacement for years now, without luck!



Jeans outfit made less boring with pink






































So far this Fabruary Style Challenge has been lots of fun.However, I do spot some real challenges ahead!

On the 5.th it's belts, and I don't own a single one - they're very uncomfortable to wear due to my hips being so different. One is much higher than the other.

Some have suggested low hung belts, but that only accentuates my worst part, a large stomach!

On the 5.th it's coloured shoes - normally no challenge at all! I have lots of coloured shoes. But it's winter here, and snow may be knee high!

Lter on there's a pants day - I don't own one single pair! Further ahead sheer is the theme. I don't remember anything being sheer in my wardrobe, but I'll have a look of course!

Now, to end this post I have one last photo of the arm candy outfit, that I lreally loved!



Winter outfit with a touch of spring!






































Have a lovely weekend everyone!



26 comments:

  1. Hello Tine,
    I can not tell you which color combination I like best. You look amazing in both outfits. What I always love is the nice drapery at the front of your dresses and tops. I always keep my eyes open to find similar here. Sometimes I will find one :-)
    Have you done something with your hair, your curls are wonderful on both pics.
    Have a great weekend, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Dear Sabine! I'm afraid it was the rain that really brought out my curls! In the morning I'm so busy that I just dry my hair as fast as possible, still leaving as many curls as I can, but it never looks as curly as when a bit of rain has fallen on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely color combinations Tine! Both the pink and the blue/turquoise outfit suits you! I know that you love your bracelet, and it is indeed a lovely collection that you have, but what about your new statement necklace that we have not seen before!? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank very much Anna! I can't remember if I've worn the pink necklace on the blog or not - I'm turning 50 this year, memory isn't what it used to be! Anyway, I've had it since this summer!

      A great weekend to you too Dear!

      Delete
  4. Love the blue + green, and the gorgeous pink necklace. I vote yes for pink boots! I too am so busy that I don't know left from right anymore, and so I especially admire your commitment to the fashion challenge - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much Amber! As long as I can tell right from wrong I'll be okay, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I just love that there's so many happy bright colours in both outfits! Would cheer anyone up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blue and green combination is beautiful, and you always suit a vibrant pink, so that top is a winner. Like Amber, I say yes to pink boots!
    Arm candy was an easy challenge for you, Tine, you have lots of great bracelets and bangles! As for belts, could you try a narrow belt, on your waist, nipping in a flowy cardigan? Or add a belt to a dress underneath a jacket/cardigan? Tricky, isn't it, if something doesn't sit right on your body shape. I agree about low-slung belts, they look awful on me, they emphasise my hips too much. Sheer and trousers, I would also struggle with. (Sheer trousers - can you imagine?!) But I admire bloggers who take on these challenges, and I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Curtise! I think I've solved the belt issue. I have a dress with a draw string - I'm counting that as a type of belt! Now I only need to find those sheer pants...

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous colors! I think you'd have a lot of fun with the addition of pink shoes in your collection.
    Love your arm parties too. I have a hard time wearing too much on my wrists, especially when I'm on the computer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joni! I do have problems on the computer too, but I try to lift my arms a bit. I can't d it every day, that would mess up my shoulders.

      Delete
  9. Ive heard of the Fabruary challenge, sounds like so much fun! Im sitting this on out though cause I cant muster the energy for time being. ;) you look fabulous in all your arm candy glory!! And yes you should definitely be on the lookout for some pink shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Monica! I remember how extremely tired I was when I was pregnant, so I totally understand you. You should just sit back and enjoy everyone else'!

      Delete
  10. I love that blue and green outfit - lovely shades together, and the one red ring for a nice pop of color! You have a very good sense of how to use contrasting colors.

    I also love the pink top. I decided I need some pink tights - I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Val! I could use tights in every colour possible! I love coloured tights, and they can completely change an outfit. Cheap and practical fun!

      Delete
  11. You look wonderful in blue, but definitely pink in your colour, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Have a lovely Sunday.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sacramento! A great Sunday to you too, and Monday as well!

      Delete
  12. Tine, thanks for mentioning Imogen's fashion challenge - I love her blog! You look wonderful here, in all the outfits. You really sparkle in pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Patti! Imogen's blog is just packed with great advice, and she seems like such a nice lady too. Her challenge is great fun, and helpful too. It forces the participants to leave their comfort zone, which I think is healthy every now and then,

      Delete
  13. love the blue and green combo! I find so pretty!
    Love all the bangles and all, this is something i omit to do, i'm not an accessory girl...
    Love the pink top, you look so sparkly and happy!

    Have a great Mondat

    Ariane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank very much Ariane! I partly love accessories because of the noise. It's like perfume, a sign to others that: Look out, Here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blå og grøn ser godt ud til dig. Det er en meget smuk dybblå farve. Blå og grøn er altid gode farver sammen synes jeg. Pink er også god, men, men jeg vælger den blå. Det er nogle skønne ringe og armbånd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mange tak Anne-Marie! Jeg synes også man trænger til noget grønt midt i alt det hvide derude! Jeg sidder og krydser fingre for varmere vejr - og bare en lille smule sol! Nå, vi må nok belave os og påklæde os efter helt andre forhold!

      Delete
  16. I am so very glad to see you back blogging. I really like the harmony of the blue outfit. That pink top is great. I am very impressed of your styling of it. What jeans are those, please? I would LOVE to look that good in a pair of jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Dear! I'm afraid the jeans are a Danish brand called Zizzi, and I have to say that the quality isn't the best. It's a slightly stretchy fabric, and they tend to loose the stretch quite soon. After that they just become too loose! But until that happens I'm happy to wear them!

      Delete