Friday 22 February 2013

How to style a yellow jacket that you shouldn't wear!

The FABruary Style Challenge has resulted in many new outfits, but the most surprising one was yesterday's - Something old Something New.

I immediately knew I wanted to wear my Great Grandmother's necklace, but I hadn't decided what new item to wear.

In my closet I had this jacket that I bought on sale last summer, and never worn... I took some courage you see!



Very bright and very yellow!



























This is by far the brightest and most colourful outfit I've ever worn, and I can't wait to wear this mad jacket again!

Even though yellow isn't my best colour I think it works with the navy dress because the colour is next to my face.

 Another possibility was wearing a colourful scarf in a "good" colour around my neck.



How else would you style this jacket?







































The sleeves have permanent gatherings that makes it hell to iron it - I may remove them, although I like the effect on my arms (leaving a fair amount of space for an arm party!).


The party

















The jacket isn't really that fitted, so I'm considering taking it to the tailor and see what he if he can change that  (and possibly deal with the sleeves as well).



You haven't seen the last of this jacket!







































Earrings were Monday's challenge. You've never seen me wear earrings! I do have a few. However I always think my face becomes "crowded" when I'm wearing glasses too...



The crowded face
























Maybe it's just me, but I came up with another solution just the same!



Now crowded neckline


























They're cute as little brooches, an idea that I'll try to remember. Best with clip on style! Do you think this is cheating?  Or did I wear earrings?

The rest of the outfit:



Just a plain jeans outfit







































And a close up of the "jewels":



Next time earrings on shoes?












On Wednesday it was my husband's birthday, and the challenge of the day was Boots. I wear boots every day all winter - the real challenge here is to still like your boots afterwards!

The temperature was well below freezing (it still is!) so I wore my warmer ones, along with a festive summer dress and white skinny jeans!



Clingy dress








































Because of the temperature the dress became static electric and kept clinging to the jeans, which in turn became more and more loose so I had to pull them up all the time.



Multi tasking






















My mother called while I was taking my photos, and with dinner preparations waiting I didn't have time to call her later. I guess you can say she has appeared on the blog too!



Bali Moonstone














The pendant is a large Moonstone, and it usually gives beautiful blue flashes, but that's so hard to catch on camera. Maybe next time?


Finally here's today's outfit - which is my answer to the Animal Print challenge:



Just trying to stay warm!








































Apart from the dress I'm also wearing a knitted cardigan, grey jeggings, a heavy scarf, boots - and outdoors, my magenta wool coat and lined leather gloves.

With -6 degrees Celsius (low 20's Fahrenheit) and a bit of wind it's so hard to stay warm. I didn't add thermal underwear today, which I should have!

My brain has most likely frozen, all I can think of is spring, sunshine and Spain! That's why I'm wearing those same bangles again today!



A neutral outfit, who would have thought?






















This is such a long post, but there just wasn't time during the week. Tomorrow my daughter and I have arranged a surprise party for my husband - just the closest family. Hopefully we'll get some good shots of the table.

On Sunday I also plan to do a post about the Liebster Award - so stay tuned!



Will this dress ever see tights again?







































And on that bombshell I'm wishing you all a lovely weekend! (Too much Top Gear)





14 comments:

  1. Det er så dejligt når vi når til denne måned. Så begynder vi at tænker på forår. Og når jeg ser gul og grønt på dette tidspunkt, tænker jeg på Erantis. Jeg synes den gule jakke er rigtig god til dig. Held og lykke med dit surprise party, vi må håbe din mand ikke smugkigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That yellow jacket is gorgeous on you, I love the green trousers and the purple shoe laces, a gorgeous mix of jewel tones!
    Have a fantastic weekend celebrating your husband's birthday. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tine, you do so a good job in the challange! I love each of your outfits, but the first one, the most colorful is my favorite. I think you can wear yellow in any case. With the blue dress it is cute but I'm sure you will find other combinations also matching.
    I also love your jewelry, the moonstone and the beautful red necklace. No need to wear earrings, when you don't like them. You have so nice other accessories.
    I understand so well that you wore a summer dress this week, I also nearly can't wait to pull out my summer dresses. Hopefully winter ends soon!
    Have a great party tomorrow and a fine weekend, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love prowling through your photos, looking at how you interpret the addition of jewellery, colours etc into each outfit. You have a keen eye for detail. And love the yellow jacket ...J

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the yellow jacket, it's a great colour on you, Tine!
    The monochrome top is so pretty, and you can never go wrong with leopard print!
    Hope the celebrations for your husband's birthday go wonderfully well. Stay warm, my dear! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think yellow is your color after all, Tine - the jacket just lights you up. I like the earrings as brooches idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the yellow jacket and your arm party! I also like the blue and white daisy dress - so cute! When I saw the leopard print I realized how much I prefer to see you in colors instead of brown.

    I look forward to seeing the Liebster post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that you will wear your yellow jacket many timas from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yellow looks so glorious on you, my dear friend.
    have a wonderful weekend.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great in the yellow blazer, Tine! I use the same trick as you do, and put something in another color close to my face. If I want to wear yellow (read mustard) I also put a little bite more effort into my make up and make sure to use a good foundation that makes my skin tone a little less red. I also like the wrinkled sleeves and that the shorter sleeves highlights your amazing bangles collection! It sound like you have had a lot of fun this week, I hope your weekend will be full of fun things too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great in the yellow blazer, Tine! I use the same trick as you do, and put something in another color close to my face. If I want to wear yellow (read mustard) I also put a little bite more effort into my make up and make sure to use a good foundation that makes my skin tone a little less red. I also like the wrinkled sleeves and that the shorter sleeves highlights your amazing bangles collection! It sound like you have had a lot of fun this week, I hope your weekend will be full of fun things too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your yellow jacket! In fact I love the whole bright and cheery outfit. Yellow is such a happy colour, and its a great trick to keep another colour closer to your face if you don't feel that it does great things for your skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every outfit shines! I do think that wearing earrings as brooches 'counts.' I do the same thing sometimes and have even been known to add them to hats.

    Stay warm and happy birthday to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your outfit challenges! Each one your own, but bowing to the challenge inspiration. And it counts any which way your wear your earrings. They didn't say on your ears did they?! And that yellow jacket - very cool! I think it looks great as it, without any tailoring needed. You do know how to keep warm and look great.

    ReplyDelete