Tuesday 26 February 2013

I am a Liebster!

Dear everyone,

Val Sparkle of Late Blooming Sparkle has awarded me the Liebster Award ( thank you again Val!) - and although very late, here's the promised post with all the questions, answers and new nominees!


















First the questions:

1. Are you basically an optimist or a pessimist?
 - Definitely an optimist. I always expect to win when I buy lottery tickets!

2. What is your favorite flower, or what flower is most like you?
 - I once worked as a florist, and I love flowers. My favorite is the one in season. That way I can have  lots of favorites through the year. Besides, who can pick one flower over the other?

3. Do you prefer beach or mountains?
- The beach. I've always lived quite close to the beach, sometimes first row! My family was originally fishermen, so the sea has always played an important part in life.

4. What three things do you always have in your refrigerator?
 - Milk (for my coffee), dark chocolate (which I eat a little of every day) and white wine (which I would love to drink every day. I like the crunchy feeling of hard cold chocolate, so I keep in the fridge on purpose.

5. What is your best creative talent or outlet?
- That has to be jewellery. I had a small company for five years, and sold through little boutiques, doing well until the financial crisis hit.

6. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
- Noisy, visible, creative 

7. Tell me about a new blog you have recently discovered that you are really fond of.
- My most recent find is... Late Blooming Sparkle!

8. Which blog post are you most proud of or pleased with, and why?
- The first. It took such a lot of courage for me to write the first one, and add photos. I'll always remember the excitement and the nerves!

9. What person, living or dead, would you most like to have a conversation with?
- My great great grandmother from whom I inherited a necklace, lovely antique dinnerware and a few hand built furniture as well as my nose and cheekbones. I and the rest of my family would like to know the truth about some fishy circumstances in connection to the loss of the family business, which she never told anyone about. Yes, there's definitely some drama here!

10. Do you love where you live?
- Sometimes. In sunshine and warm temperatures it's fantastic. In dark, freezing days with kneedeep snow I hate it!
 
11. How did you first discover blogging?
- I was googling personal colours and found one very special blog that is also one of the nominees.

Then there's the random stuff....

11 random facts:
1. I stopped smoking on the 10th. August 1998

2. Cherries are my favorite fruit

3. My mascara is brown

4. I hate spiders

5. In 1987 I climbed Mount Teide on the Spanish Island Tenerife (The Canary Islands). I reached it's 3718 m/12198 ft. peak absolutely breathless, deciding I wasn't going to be a world famous mountain climber after all!

6. Annie Lennox is my favorite female voice

7. I'm terrified of flying, but refuse to let it rule my life, so I do it anyway!

8. After some really bad experiences with dentists I'm terrified of those too, but I will not allow myself to end up with false teeth in my old age, so I go anyway!

9.  In the summer of 1990 I worked in Tivoli in Copenhagen

10. I turned 29 years old six times, then my friends told me they were bored with seeing the same guests every year, and having the same little canapes on cocktail sticks - so I turned 30-something until I was 40!

11.  Both my husband and my brother are called Michael

My Nominations:

Anna at Four Seasons One Wardrobe

Heyvix at Building a colorful life

Debbi at She accessorizes well

Anne at Spy girl 

Pao at Project Minima 


It is of course absolutely fine with me if the nominees choose not to participate!

Should any of the nominees choose to go along after all, here are my 11 questions for them:

1. Hitchcock or Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy?
2. Coffee or tea?
3. What's your favorite spot to go on vacation?
4. Do we need rules for dressing? Skirt length - neckline - closed shoe/sandals?
5. If you have hot flushes, how do you handle them?
6. What's your best trick to remove red wine stain?
7. What's your favorite shoe brand?
8. Do you believe in ghosts?
9. What's your earliest childhood memory?
10.  Any tips or suggestions on how to celebrate my 50th. birthday?
11. What was your motivation for starting a blog?

Dear Nominees,

Should you decide to participate in the Liebster Award you should thank your nominator, answer the 11 questions, give 11 random facts about yourself, nominate 5, 9 or 11 other bloggers that have less than 200 followers, let them know they're nominated and finally come up with 11 new  (or old?) questions.

I'm such a curious person so I hope at least a couple of you will participate!
Finally I apologize for the difference in the text sizing - you may not need your reading glasses for this post!

Hope you all had fun,

Lots of love
Nominator!


 




 

9 comments:

  1. It's great to get to know you better - I think your optimism shines right through, so that was so surprise : > It *would* be fascinating to know the family secrets, wouldn't it?? You have a wonderful blog that really brightens my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved hearing your description of your first blogging experiences. I was so nervous I could feel my heart pounding in my chest and my hands were sweating. So silly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post, and thanks for mentioning me TWICE! I loved your answers, and I'm also curious about the mysterious family secret. How wonderful that you worked at Tivoli - it's magic!

    Did I ever mention that all my ancestors are Danish, so we could be related!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this, always good to know more about my blogging pals! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed your answers. I'm a huge fan of Annie Lennox and the beach and turning 29 several times myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to learn more about you and thanks for thinking of me and my blog for a nomination. I must graciously decline, however, since I've been Liebsterized previously by Melanie of Bag and a Beret. It's quite the honor being part of the Liebster crowd and you definitely deserve all the benefits and privileges such an award bestows upon you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank You Thank You my dear friend Tine! I am very honored. It was a lot of fun to know even more about you! I have started to prepare my blog post and hopefully I will post it at the latest next week. Have a great weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved getting to know you better through your answers, great read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too enjoyed reading about you!! I always enjoy visiting your blog, seeing your wonderful colorful outfits, and I have to say I was amused when you described yourself as "noisy"! What a wonderful characteristic to claim!! I think it would be fun to hang out with you!!!

    ReplyDelete